English Quiz – 51 (Fill in the Blanks)
1) The terror attack on a hotel in Bamako, the capital city of Mali, is yet another example of the growing ______________ of terrorists around the world.
2) The intense rivalry and footballing excellence of the two clubs have now become globally ______________ and football-lovers the world over have taken to appreciate the quality of football played by the clubs in these games.
3) On November 16, a day marked as National Press Day, three newspapers made a statement in that cause by ________________ blank spaces on their editorial pages.
4) In its defence, the Assam Rifles has drawn ________________ to a clause in the UAPA, under which the press can be made accountable in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of the country.
5) On an afternoon of excess and enthusiasm at Patna’s Gandhi Maidan, Nitish Kumar took oath of office to be Chief Minister of Bihar again. News had long _____________ out about invitations and RSVPs that there was little surprise at the spectrum of national politicians in attendance.
6)Star off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin gets ____________ about his memorable moments, personal preferences and the IPL team he may play for.
7)Archaeological Survey of India takes _______________ to reach out to the visually and physically challenged.
8)From next week, Parliament could well head for a ___________ again unless there’s a breakthrough on the GST Bill.
9)The hard-line position the government is taking against the opposition could help extremist groups recruit followers from among ____________ opposition sympathisers.
10)By bringing the war criminals to trial and punishing them to life imprisonment, they could have brought the __________ events to a just closure, but relying on the death penalty dampens the otherwise welcome process.
11. _______________ I not informed you about this, you would have missed the opportunity.
12. Many with __________ I have shared my thoughts have shown initial surprise.
13. Our present _________________ towards the environment contrasts quite sharply with our historical reverence for nature.
14. Changing life-styles in India are causing many frustrations, ________ people to lash out at the weakest.
15. There was this new belief among people that they could be successful, and that there were opportunities here for the ___________.