English Quiz – 84 (Idioms & Phrases)
1. The boy “turned a deaf ear” to the pleadings of all his well-wishers.
b) was deadly opposed
c) posed indifference
d) did not pay any attention
2. We should “give a wide berth” to bad characters.
b) publicly condemn
c) give publicly to
d) not sympathise with
3. Sumit had “to look high and low” before he could find his scooter key.
4. He is plain, simple and sincere man. He will always “call a spade a spade”.
b) find meaning or purpose in your action
c) avoid controversial situations
d) be out spoken in language
5. She rejected his proposal of marriage “point blank.”
6. To get a government job is a “bull’s eye” for an unemployed youth.
b) the point of attraction
7. They made an agreement “with no strings attached.”
b) with many restrictions
c) with more compliments
d) with no assumptions
8. We should always be beware of the “snakes in the grass.”
b) a good friend
d) unfamiliar person
9. Everyone should be “live-wire” at the start of the day.
d) with hope
10. Our boss never likes “Mumbo Jumbo” discussion while in meeting.