English Quiz – 10 (Idioms)
1. What is the meaning of ” make bricks without straw”?
b) build beautiful things out of ashes
c) to change the attitude of intellectuals
d) to train dumb students
2. What is the meaning of “don’t burst bubble”.?
b) to destroy someone’s illusion or delusion
c) beginning of hopeful situation
d) end of good situation
3. What is the meaning of “put your back into something”?
b) put in lot of effort
c) Compromise according to situation
d) invest huge capital
4. What is the meaning of “hangs in the balance.”?
b) be in the hands of third person
c) be highly uncertain
d) none of the above
5. What is the meaning of “bright lights”?
b) bright lightning
d) excitement of city lights
6. What is the meaning of “knocked about “?
b) suffered a lot
c) acquired knowledge
d) met many people
7. What is the meaning of “make both ends meet”?
b) live within one’s income
c) adapt to satisfy his situations in life
d) do what he wants
8. What is the meaning of “takes after”?
b) Succeed in business
9. What is the meaning of “a wet blanket”?
b) too cold
10. What is the meaning of “ball is in your Court”?
b) It is up to you to make the next decision or step
c) advice to people
d) None of the above