English Quiz – 20 (Idioms)
1. What is the meaning of “You Can’t Judge A Book by its Cover”?
b) Think about something before making a decision
c) The business is making money, it is profitable
d) Remain brave and keep on trying
2. What is the meaning of “When Pigs Fly”?
b) To be accustomed to
c) Does other work while they are away
d) Stop doing something bad
3. What is the meaning of “To Dance to a Different Tune”?
b) To cause disgust, dislike
c) You are in danger
d) Take responsibility for more than one can manage
4. What is the meaning of “Strike While the Iron Is Hot”?
b) A suggestion is to reject it
c) To act decisively and quickly
d) the idea that there is little or no chance of something happening
5. What is the meaning of “To Be Chicken”?
b) To have no money
c) Try very hard
d) Decide to do something different from what had been decided earlier
6. What is the meaning of “Sell Like Hot Cakes”?
b) To be in agreement with someone
c) To shoot down an idea
d) To suffer the loss of a large sum of money
7. What is the meaning of “Raise a Fuss”?
b) An agreement to fulfill a promise at a later date
c) To put a large effort into thinking about something
d) To be the one that makes decisions
8. What is the meaning of “Pass the Buck”?
b) To praise someone
c) To be aware
d) start something, especially something big
9. What is the meaning of “Par for the Course”?
b) To lose consciousness
c) To give praise to someone
d) To concentrate
10. What is the meaning of “On a Shoestring”?
b) You need something new or different
c) To make a point of means to purposefully do something
d) To be lucky and fortunate