|Women in||What does 12 FYP aim for?|
Increase funding for following schemes:
- Support to Training and Employment Program (STEP) for skill development and income generation.
- Priyadarshini for improving sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- Swayamsiddha Phase II for ensure holistic empowerment of women in a sustainable manner through SHGs.
- Working Women Hostels.
- Ujjawala, a comprehensive scheme for helping sex workers.
- Swadhar Greh Scheme, for women in distress.
- New scheme for providing restorative justice to victims of rape through financial assistance as well as support services.
Schemes for Women and Child Development
1. Ahimsa Messengers
- Scheme of Ministry of women and child development launched by UPA in 2013.
- Includes Women Panchayati Raj Members, Youth, NGOs etc.
- These people work for prevention of violence against women, dowry etc.
- Help victim file FIRs, visit police stations and seek legal aid.
- Central social welfare board.
- To implement welfare programs for women and children via NGOs, family counselling, awareness generation etc.
- Originally set up by resolution of Government, later became a charitable company.
- Falls under Ministry of Women and Child Development.
3. Poorna Shakti Kendra
- Created under National Mission for empowerment of women in 2013.
- One stop information centres.
- Help women get benefit from various govt. schemes.
- Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empower-ment of Adolescent Girls launched in 2011.
- To provide nutrition for growing adolescent girls by provision of food-grains.
- All girls will be given a kishori card which will be updated with details of the girl’s growth and provision of the food grains.
- SABLA implemented by Ministry of Women and Child Development.(not by HRD ministry or social welfare ministry)
- SABLA is created by merging earlier two schemes :Nutrition program for adolescent girls + Kishori Shakti Yojana.
- Target: girls aged 11-18.
- 100 gms of food-grain per day per girl for 300 days in a year.
- This is a scheme by Ministry of Women and Child Development launched in 2012.
- Made due to rising demand for gender sensitisation among boys after the Delhi gang-rape incident.
- It’ll give training/moral education to adolescent boys (11-18 age) to respect women.
- Official name will be “Rajiv Gandhi scheme for empowerment of adolescent boys.”
- Support to Training and Employment program for Women.
- Provides skill training.
1974 ⇒ National Policy for Children
2001 ⇒ National Policy for Women
2004 ⇒ National Charter for Children
2014 ⇒ National Youth Policy