Monthly Current Affairs February 2016 “IMPORTANT DAYS” key points to Remember.
1) 4th February – World Cancer day. Each year on 4 February, WHO and International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) supports Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to promote ways to ease the global burden of cancer.
2) 6th February – International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation. Female genital mutilation (FGM) comprises all procedures that involve altering or injuring the female genitalia for non-medical reasons and is recognized internationally as a violation of the human rights of girls and women.
3) 11th February – International Day of Women and Girls in Science . “Transforming the World: Parity in Science” Science and gender equality are both vital for the achievement of the internationally agreed development goals
4) 13th February – World Radio day. Through World Radio Day celebrations around the world, UNESCO will promote radio in times of emergency and disaster
5) 20th February – World day of Justice. A Just Transition – environmentally sustainable economies and societies
6) 21st February – International Mother Language day. Quality education, language(s) of instruction and learning outcomes