Reasoning Quiz – 102 (Puzzle)
Seven friends M, N, O, P, Q, R and S attend different language classes, namely French, English, Spanish, Sanskrit, Chinese, German and Japanese, but not necessarily int he same order, from Monday to Sunday (of the same week).
M attends a class on Friday. Only two persons attend classes between M and the one who is learning Sanskrit. R attends a class immediately before P. Neither R nor P is learning Sanskrit. Only one person attends a class between R and the one who is learning Spanish. The one who is learning Spanish does not have a class on Monday. N attends a class immediately before the one who is learning French. M is not learning French. Only one person has a class between R and Q. O is learning German. Only two persons have classes between O and the one who is learning Chinese. Q is not learning Japanese.
1. Which of the following represents those who have language classes immediately before and immediately after N?
a) P, M
b) Q, M
c) Q, R
d) Other than those given as options
e) R, P
2. Which of the following languages is Q learning?
a) Other than those given as options
3. As per the given arrangement, Q is related to Chinese and R is related to Japanese in a certain way. To which of the following is P related to in the same way?
b) Other than those given as options
4. Four of the following five form a group as per the given arrangement. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
5. On which of the following days does P have a class?
6. who among the following is learning Japanese?
e) Cannot be determined
P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W are seated in a straight line but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing south while some are facing North.
T faces south. Only three people sit to the left of T. Only two people sit between T and Q. U sits third to the right of W. W is an immediate neighbour of neither T nor Q. W does not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line.
Both the immediate neighbours of S face north. S is not an immediate neighbour of W. Only one person sits between S and P. P faces the same direction as W. The immediate neighbours of Q face opposite directions. Persons sitting at extreme ends face opposite directions. R faces a direction opposite that of S.
7. How many persons are seated between T and P?
b) More than three
8. Which of the following pairs represents the persons seated at the two extreme ends of the line?
a) R, T
b) P, V
c) P, U
d) Q, R
e) R, S
9. Which of the following is true about V with respect to the given arrangement?
a) Only two people sit between V and Q
b) Only two persons sits to the right of V
c) None of the given options is true
d) U is one of the immediate neighbours of V
e) R sits second to the right of V
10. Who among the following sits on the immediate left of R?
11. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
12. What is the position of U with respect to Q?
a) Second to the right
b) Fifth to the left
c) Second to the left
d) Fourth to the right
e) Third to the left