Reasoning Quiz – 115 (Mixed)
Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
4. Which of the following symbols should replace question mark (?) in the given expression in order to make the expressions ‘ A > D’ and ‘F > C’ definitely true?
A > B >= C ? D <= E=F a) >
c) <= d) = e) Either = or >=
5. Which of the following expressions is definitely true if the given expressions ‘R < P’ as well as ‘S > Q’ are definitely true?
a) P > Q = R <= T < S b) S > T >= R > Q < P c) Q > R <= T > P >= S
d) S > T >= R > Q > P
e) None of these
6. Read the following information carefully and answer the question which follows:
‘A × B’ means ‘A is the father of B’.
‘A + B’ means ‘A is the daughter of B’.
‘A ÷ B’ means ‘A is the son of B’.
‘A – B’ means ‘A is the sister of B’.
What will come in place of question mark to establish that P is the son-in-law of S in the following expression?
P × Q + R – T ? S
e) Either + or ÷
Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:-
Twelve people are sitting in two parallel rows containing six people each such that they are equidistant from each other. In row 1: P, Q, R, S, T and V are seated and all of them are facing South. In row 2: A, B, C, D, E and F are seated and all of them are facing North. Therefore, in the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row. S sits third to the right of Q. Either S or Q sits at an extreme end of the line. The one who faces Q sits second to the right of E. Two people sit between Band F. Neither B nor F sits at an extreme end of the line. The immediate neighbour of B faces the person who sits third to the left of P. R and T are immediate neighbours. C sits second to the left of A. T does not face the immediate neighbour of D.
7. Who amongst the following sit at the extreme ends of the rows?
a) S, D
b) Q, A
c) V, C
d) P, D
e) Q, F
8. Who amongst the following faces S?
9. How many persons are seated between V and R?
e) None of these
10. P is related to A in the same way as S is related to B based on the given arrangement. Which of the following is T related to, following the same pattern?
e) Cannot be determined
11. Which of the following is true regarding T?
a) F faces T.
b) V is an immediate neighbour of T.
c) F faces the one who is second to the right of T.
d) T sits at one of the extreme ends of the line.
e) Q sits second to the right of T.
12. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?