Reasoning Quiz – 124
1. In a certain code language, ‘avoid going out’ is coded as ‘319’. Similarly, ‘going for party’ is coded as ‘612’ and ‘avoid for party’ is coded as ‘362’. What will be the code for ‘party’ in the code language?
d) Either ‘3’ or ‘1’
e) Either ‘2’ or ‘6’
2. In a certain code language, BLUNT is code as AKSOU and COINS is coded as BNGOT. In the same code language, how will TRUST be coded as?
3. All the letters of the word HALFTIME are arranged in alphabetical order from left to right. Then all the vowels are replaced with the next alphabet(as per the English alphabetical order). Which of the following will be the second letter from the left end?
4. There are six persons seated in a row(facing north). C sits sixth from the end of the line. Only three persons sit between C and M. B sits second to the right of X.Only two persons sit between N and k. How many persons sit between B and C?
c) Can’t be determined
S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z are sitting around a circular table facing the centre but not necessarily in the same order. sits third to the right of t. Only three people sit between U and X. U is neither an immediate neighbour of nor T. Only three people sit between T and W. Z sits on the immediate right of W. V sits third to the left of W.
5. How many people are seated between S and Z, when counted from the right of S?
6. Who amongst the following represent the immediate neighbours of S?
a) X, Y
b) X, Z
c) W, Y
d) W, X
e) V, Y
7. Who among the following sits second to the left of Y?
8. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the given arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
9. Which amongst the following is true regarding V, as per the given arrangement?
a) None of the given statement is true.
b) Only three people sit between V and S.
c) U sits second to the right of V.
d) V sits second to the right of y.
e) Only two people sit between V and z.
Five cars P, Q, R, S and T each has different mileage. P has more mileage than only one car. Both Q and T have more mileage than P but less than S. Q has more mileage than R but less than T. The car which has the highest mileage runs for 22 km/litre. The car which has the third lowest mileage runs for 19 km/litre.
10.Which amongst the following cars has the highest mileage?
c) Cannot be determined
11.If the difference between the mileage of R and that of Q is of 4 km/litre, then what is the mileage of R?
a) 23 km/litre
b) 21 km/litre
c) 18 km/litre
d) 15 km/litre
e) 12 km/litre