Reasoning Quiz – 22
Q(1-5): Read the information and answer the given questions.
In a certain code language ‘prepare for your exams’ is written as, ‘xn nt oz wl’
‘hard work for prepare’ is written as, ‘nt ml oz tk’
‘prepare your studies well’ is written as, ‘sd jk nt xn’
‘work well best results’ is written as, ‘ds lu jk ml’
1.What is the code for ‘best’ in the given code language?
e) Either ds or lu
2. In the given code language ‘nt’ is the code of which word?
3. What may be the code for ‘exams are hard’ in the given code language?
a) wl ml tk
b) zr tk ko
c) wl xn tk
d) tk zr wl
e) ko wl xn
4. What is the code for ‘studies for’ in the given code language?
a) ds sd
b) jk sd
c) jk xn
d) oz jc
e) oz sd
5.What is the code for ‘well’ in the given code language?
Q(6 – 10) Study the following information to answer the given questions
Eight people A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table facing the centre of the table but not necessarily in the same order. Each of them has a different profession, viz Teacher, Singer, Doctor, Accountant, Lawyer, Banker, Businessman and Actor. A sits third to the right of the Actor. Only two people sit between the Actor and H. Doctor and Businessman are immediate neighbours. Neither A nor H is either Businessman or a Doctor. The Businessman is not an immediate neighbour of the Actor. The teacher sits second to the left of E. E is not an immediate neighbour of H. The Teacher is an immediate neighbour of both the Accountant and Lawyer. The Lawyer sits third to the right of B. B is not Businessman. C sits on the immediate right of the singer. A is not a Singer. F is not an immediate neighbour of A. G is not an immediate neighbour of the Teacher.
6. Who among the following sits third to the left of E ?
e) None of these
7. Who among the following is a Banker ?
8. What is the profession of B ?
e) None of these
9. Who among the following is an Accountant ?
10. Which of the following pair is true ?
a) F – Lawyer
b) A – Businessman
c) B – Doctor
d) E – Actor
e) None of these
Q(11-15).In the following questions, assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below than is/are definitely true.
a) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
b) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
c) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
d) if the data in both the statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
e) if the data in both the statement I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
11.Eight people A,B,C,D,E,F,G and H are seated around a circular table and are equidistant from each other. Who is in front of F?
1) F is second to the left of D who is neighbor of A and C.
2) G is in front of D and neighbor of B and E.
12. What is the color of black hair in a color code?
1) White is called red, red is called orange
2) Blue is called green, Green is called black, black is called white.
13. On which date is Ram’s Father’s marriage anniversary?
1) Ram’s sister correctly remembers that their father’s anniversary is after 7th but before 11th may.
2) Ram correctly remembers that his father’s marriage anniversary is after 5th but before 10th may.
14. Among A, B, C, D and E, who is the lightest?
1) C is heavier than D but lighter than A.
2) B is lighter than D but heavier than E.
15. How is L related to Z?
1) M has two daughters and F is one of them who is married to L.
2) M is the mother of Z, who is younger sister of F.