Reasoning Quiz – 47
Directions—(Q. 1–15) In each of following questions a statement is given followed by two conclusions
(A) If only conclusion I follows,
(B) If only conclusion II follows,
(C) If either I or II follows,
(D) If neither I nor II follows and
(E) If both I and II follows.
1. Statements—Company X has marketed the product, go ahead to purchase if its price and quality are in your consideration.
I. The product must be good in quality.
II. The price of the product must be reasonable.
2. Statements—Vegetables prices are soaring in the market.
I. Vegetables are becoming a rare commodity.
II. People cannot eat vegetables.
3. Statements—This world is neither good nor evil, each man manufactures a world for himself.
I. Some people find this world quite good.
II. Some people find this world quite bad.
4. Statements—Our security investments carry market risk. Consult your investment advisor or agent before investing.
I. One should not invest in securities.
II. The investment advisor calculates the market risk with certainity.
5. Statements—Today out of the world population of several thousand millions the majority of men have to live under Governments which refuse them personal liberty and the right of dissent.
I. People are indifferent to personal liberty and right to dissent.
II. People desire personal liberty and right to dissent.
6. Statements—In diabetes, there is an excess of sugar in the body. Our body needs sugar for energy, the quantity of sugar in excess of body’s requirement is excreted through urine.
I. The excessive consumption of sugar is likely to lead to diabetes.
II. Consumption of sugar should be avoided.
7. Statements—Good voice is a natural gift but one has to keep practicising to improve and excel in the field of music.
I. Natural gifts need nurturing and care.
II. Even though your voice is not good, one keep practicising.
8. Statement—All the organised persons find time for rest. Sunita inspite of her very busy schedule, finds time for rest.
I. Sunita is an organised person.
II. Sunita is an industrious person.
9. Statements—Jade plant has thick leaves it requires little water
I. All plants with thick leaves require little water.
II. Jade plants may be grown in places where water is not in abundance.
10. Statements—Until your country achieves economic equality, political freedom and democracy would be meaningless.
I. Political freedom and democracy go hand in hand.
II. Economic equality leads to real political freedom and democracy.
11. Statements—In case of outstanding candidates, the condition of previous experience of social work may be waived by the Admission Committee for M.A. (Social work).
I. Some of the students for M.A. (Social Work) will have previous experience of social work.
II. Some of the students for M.A. (Social Work) will not have previous experience of social work.
12. Statements—Water supply in wards A and B of the city will be affected about 50% on Friday because repairing work of main lines is to be carried out.
I. The residents in these wards should economise on water on Friday.
II. These residents in these wards should store some water on the previous day.
13. Statements—The government of country X has recently announced several concessions and offered attractive package tours for foreign visitors.
I. Now, more number of foreign tourists will visit the country.
II. The government of country X seems to be serious in attracting tourists.
14. Statements—From the next academic year, students will have the option of dropping Mathematics and Science for them school leaving certificate examination.
I. Students who are weak in Science and Mathematics will be admitted.
II. Earlier students did not have the choice of continuing their education without taking these subjects.
15. Statements—Industrial revolution which first of all started has brought about modern age.
I. Disparity between rich and poor results in revolution.
II. Revolution overhauls society.