Reasoning Quiz – 63 (S ‘n A)
Directions—In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to find out from the following assumptions which one is implicit in the satatement.
(A) if only assumption I is implicit.
(B) if only assumption II is implicit.
(C) if either I or II is implicit.
(D) if neither I nor II is implicit.
(E) if both I and II are implicit.
1. Statement—Opening a library in Rambali will be a wastage.
I. Inhabitants of Rambali are illiterate.
II. Inhabitants of Rambali are not interested in reading.
2. Statement—“A car is required on rent”—an advertisement.
I. All types of vehicles are available on rent.
II. People will respond to the advertisement.
3. Statement—A’s advice to B—“If you want to study computer, join Institute X”.
I. Institute X provides good computer education.
II. B listen to A’s advice.
4. Statement—Like a mad man, I decided to follow him.
I. I am not a mad man.
II. I am a mad man.
5. Statement—If it is easy to become an engineer, I don’t want to be an engineer.
I. An individual aspires to be professional.
II. One desires to achieve a thing which is hard earned.
6. Statement—All the employees are notified that the organisation will provide transport facilities at half the cost from the nearby railway station to the office except those who have been provided with travelling allowance.
I. Most of the employees will travel by the office transport.
II. Those who are provided with travelling allowance will not read such notice.
7. Statement—An advertisement of a Bank “Want to open a bank account ! Just dial our ‘room service’ and we will come at your doorsteps.”
I. There is a section of people who require such service at their home.
II. Now a days banking has become very competitive.
8. Statement—I can take you quickly from Kanpur to Lucknow by my cab but then you must pay me double the normal charges.
I. Normally, it will take more time to reach Lucknow from Kanpur.
II. People want to reach quickly but they will not pay extra money for it.
9. Statement—Patient’s condition would improve after this operation.
I. The patient can be operated upon in this condition.
II. The patient cannot be operated upon in this condition.
10. Statement—Even with the increase in the number of sugar factories in India, we still continue to import sugar.
I. The consumption of sugar per captia has increased in India.
II. Many of the factories are not in a position to produce sugar to their fullest capacity.