Reasoning Quiz – 87 (Mixed)
Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
When a word and number arrangement is given an input line of words and numbers, it arranges them following a particular rule. The following is an illustration of input and rearrangement.(All the numbers are two digit numbers)
Input: 14 36 methodology 21 of research 59 crucial 98 very 62 is
Step I: 98 14 36 methodology 21 of research 59 crucial very is 62
Step II: 98 very 14 36 methodology 21 of 59 crucial is research 62
Step III: 59 98 very 14 methodology 21 of crucial is research 62 36
Step IV:59 98 very of 14 21 crucial is methodology research 62 36
Step V: 21 59 98 very of crucial is methodology research 62 36 14
Step VI: 21 59 98 very of is crucial methodology research 62 36 14
Step VI is the last step of the above arrangement as the intended arrangement has been obtained. As per the rules followed in the given steps find out the appropriate steps for the given input.
Input: 65 work in 23 to be 13 89 managed 48 97 load 34 healthy 55 style
1. Which element is exactly between ‘style’ and ‘be’ in second in last step of the given arrangement?
2. What is the position of ’48’ from the right end in the third step?
3. Which of the following is fifth step of the arrangement based on the given input?
a) 48 65 97 to managed in 23 be 13 load healthy style work 89 55 34
b) 48 work 65 style 97 in 23 be 13 load healthy 89 managed 55 to 34
c) 48 65 97 work style in 23 be 13 load healthy managed to 89 55 34
d) 34 48 55 65 89 97 work style in 23 be 13 load healthy managed to
e) 89 55 34 work style in 23 be 13 load healthy managed to 48 65 97
4. In which step are the elements ‘be 13 healthy in’ found in the same order?
d) the given order of elements is not found in any step
5. How many steps will be q=required to complete the given arrangement based on the given input?
6. Which element is eighth to left of the element which is twelfth from the left end of the third last step?
Each of the six people U, V, W, X, Y and Z stayed for a different number of days in India. X stayed for less number of days than only V. Y stayed for more number of days than only two people. U did not stay less than Y. W did not stay for the minimum number of days. The one who stayed for the second lowest number of days stayed for eight days. U stayed for 17 days in India.
7. The one who stayed for the maximum number of days stayed for 15 more days than W. Which of the following is possibly the number of days for which it stayed in India?
8. Which of the following is true with respect to Z as per the given information?
a) The possible number of days for which Z stayed in India is 14 days.
b) Z stayed for the minimum number of days.
c) None of the given options is true.
d) Only two people stayed for more number of days than Z.
e) Z definitely stayed for more number of days than Y.
9. Which of the following may be the possible number of days for which Y stayed in India?
10. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters ‘NOEC’ using all the letters, but, each letter can be used only once in each word?
e) More than three