Ch.3 :- Coding Decoding : Exercise 1
~ Directions for Q. No. 1 to 19 : In each of the following questions below, find out the correct answer from the given alternatives.
1. In a certain code, INSTITUTION is written as NOITUTITSNI. How is PERFECTION written in that code?
(a) NOICTEFREP (b) NOITCEFERP (c) NOITCEFRPE (d) NOITCEFREP (e) NOITCEFPER
2. In a certain code, GIGANTIC is written as GIGTANCI. How is MIRACLESwritten in that code?
(a) MIRLCAES (b) MIRlACSE (c) RIMCALSE (d) RIMLCAES (e) RIMSCASE
3. In a certain code, GOODNESS is coded as HNPCODTR. How is GREATNESS coded in that code?
(a) HQFZUODTR (b) HQFZUMFRT (c) HQFZSMFRT (d) FSDBSODTR (e) HQFZUFRTM
4. In a certain code, EXPLAINING is written as PXEALNIGNI.How is PRODUCEDwritten in that code?
(a) ORPBUDEC (b) ROPUDECD (c) ORPUDECD (d) DORPDECU (e) None of these
5. In a certain code, RIPPLE is written as 613382 and LIFE is written as 8192. How is PILLERwritten in that code?
(a) 318826 (b) 318286 (c) 618826 (d) 328816 (e) None of these
6. If ROSE is coded as 6821, CHAIR is coded as 73456 and PREACH is coded as 961473, what will be the code for SEARCH?
(a) 246173 (b) 214673 (c) 214763 (d) 216473 (e) None of these
7. In a certain code, PRODUCTS is written as NPMBSARQ. How is COMPREHENSION written in that code?
(a) AMKNPCFCLOMLQ (b) AMKNPCFCLQGML (c) AMKNPCFCLQG L (d) AMKNPCFCKOML (e) None of these
8. In a certain code, BOY is written as $*. and HOUR is written @*£O. How is RUBYwritten in that code?
(a) 0 £ $ • (b) 0 $ £ • (c) • $ £ 0 (d) • £ $0 (e) None of these
9. In a certain code language, QUEUE is written as Q 22, and CHURCH is written as 1UR1. Which of the following would be most a?propriate code for BANANA in that language?
(a) B5A5 (b)5N5A (c) B55A (d)BA5A5A (e) B5A5A
10. In a certain code, BOXER is written as AQWGQ. How VISIT is written in that code?
(a) UKRKU (b) UKRKS (c) WKRKU (d) WKRKS (e) None of these
11. If PAINTER is written in a code language as NCGPRGP, then REASONwould be written as :
(a) PCYQMN (b) PGYQMN (c) PGYUMP (d) PGYUPM (e) None of these
l2. In a certain code SOCIAL is written as TQFMFR, then how you will code DIMPLE?
(a) EKPTQK (b) EKPQPJ (c) EKPSPJ (d) EKPSOH (e) None of these
13. If CARPET is coded as TCEAPR, then the code for NATIONALwould be
(a) NLATNOIA (b) LANOITAN (c) LNAANTOI (d)LNOINTAA (e) None of these
14. If PORTER is written as QNSSFQ, then BRIGHT would be coded as
(a) CQJFIS (b) CNJHIS (c) CQJFGS (d) CNJHIU
15. If FESTIVALis coded as MBWJUTFG, then OPIUM would be coded as
(a) NOHTL (b) NTHNO (c) NVJQP (d) MUIPO
16. If LINGER 123456 and FORCE is 56789, then FIERCE is
(a) 345667 (b) 456678 (c) 345677 (d) 556789
17. If CLOTHES is EXHAUST and THRICE is STABLE, then SHIRT is
(a) BLUSH (b) STAUL (c) THULE (d) BLASH
18. If PICTURE is coded as tuvwxyz, then PATCH would be coded as
(a) wtzyv (b) twxyz (c) tqwvm (d) rntuvw
19. In a code language if POSE is coded as OQNPRTDF, then the word 1YPE will be coded as
(a) SUXZOQFD (b) SUXZQOFD (c) SUXZOQDF (d) SUXZQODE