Ch.7 :- Logic Based Venn Diagrams :- Exercise 3
✦Directions for Q. No.1 to 3 :Fig below, depicts an area where people speak four different languages. The triangle depicts English speaking area, the square depicts Hindi speaking areas, the circle stands for Urdu speaking area and the rectangle for area where people speak Marathi. Each part is numbered. Your task is to study the figure and answer the questions that follow:
1. Which number depicts the area where, the three languages, English, Marathi and Urdu are spoken but Hindi is not spoken?
(a) 4 (b) 11 (c) 9 (d) 8 (e) None
2. Number 2 depicts
(a) English and Hindi speaking area.
(b) Only English speaking area.
(c) Hindi and Marathi speaking area.
(d) English and Marathi speaking area.
3. Which number depicts Marathi, English and Hindi speaking area not the Urdu speaking area?
(a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 9 (d) 3 (e) None of these.
✦ Directions for Q. No.4 to 8 : Read the following information carefully. In the diagram below the circle represents poor boys, the square represents educated boys, the triangle represents the boys who are employed somewhere and the rectangle represents those who help in the family business. Each section of the diagram is numbered. Now, answer the questions given below on the basis of the diagram.
4. Which number represents those poor boys who help in family business but are not educated or employed
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (e) 7
5. Which number represents the group of educated poor boys who are employed somewhere but do not help in family business?
(a) 12 (b) 3 (c) 11 (d) 2 (e) None of these
6. Which section does number 3 represent?
(a) Uneducated poor boys who do not help in family business.
(b) Educated poor boys employed in service.
(c) Uneducated boys who help in family business.
(d) Educated poor boys who help in family business.
(e) None of the above
7. Which number represents the section of poor boys who are neither educated nor are in any employment or have any family business?
(a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 1 (d) 11 (e) 1
8. Boys who by the number:
(a) 8 (b) 7 (c) 4 (d) 6 (e) 5
✦ Directions for Q. No.9 to 12 : Read the following information carefully and answer the questions based on them. In the Venn diagram given below, the square represents women, the triangle represents persons who are in govt.services, the circle represents educated persons, and the rectangle represents persons working in private sector. Each section of the diagram is numbered. Your task is to study the diagram and answer the questions that follow:
9. Which number represents educated women, who are in govt.jobs?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (e) 6 (d) 4 (e)None of these
10. Which number represents the uneducated women, who have govt. jobs as well as jobs in private sectors
(a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 12 (d) 9 (e) None of these
11. Number 10 represents
(a) Educated women in private jobs
(b) Uneducated men in govt. jobs
(c) Educated men working in private sectors
(d) Educated men having private as well as govt. jobs
(e) None of the above
12. Number 2 represents
(a) Educated women who neither have govt. jobs nor have a private job
(b) Uneducated women with no jobs
(c) Educated men with govt. jobs
(d) Uneducated men with govt. jobs
(e) None of the above
13. Which numbered space in the Fig. below represents doctors who are players as well as artists?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 6 ((d) 7 (e) None of these.
✦ Directions for Q. No. 14 to 18 : Study Fig.given below and answer the questions that follow.
14. Find out the number of families which have all the four things mentioned in the diagram above.
(a) 40 (b) 30 (c) 35 (d) 20 (e) None of these
15. Find out the number of families which have scooters.
(a) 145 (b) 100 (c) 188 (d) 240 (e) None of these
16. Find out the number of families which have VCR Rand TV both.
(a) 84 (b) 24 (c) 104 (d) 129 (e) None of these
17. Find out the number of families which have only one thing, either VCR or TV or scooter or maruti.
(a) 160 (b) 184 (c) 225 (d) 254 (e) None of these
18. Find out the number of families which have TV and scooter both but have neither VCR nor maruti.
(a) 15 (b) 30 (c) 4 (d) 50 (e) None of these
✦ Directions for Q. No. 19 to 22 : The following questions are based on the diagram given below.
(i) The rectangle represents govt. employees
(ii) The triangle represents urban people
(iii) The circle represents graduates
(iv) The square represents clerks
19. Which of the following statements is true ?
(a) All govt. employees are clerks
(b) Some govt. employees are graduates as well as,clerks
(c) All govt. employees are graduates
(d) All clerks are govt. employees but not graduates
20. Choose the correct statement:
(a) Some clerks are govt employees
(b) No clerk is from urban areas
(c) All graduates are from urban areas
(d) All graduates are govt. employees
21. Which of the following numbers represents urban govt.employees, who are graduate but not clerk
(a) 9 (b) 4 (c) 10 (d) 5 (e) None of these
22. Which number represents clerks, who are govt. employee but neither graduates nor live in urban areas
(a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 9 (d) 10 (e) None of these